Hip and Knee Replacement in India
Hip replacement is one of the common medical procedure where hip joint is replaced by a man-made implant made up of metal and plastic. Hip pain is caused and aggravated by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fracture and aseptic bone necrosis. Due to hip pain most often patients find difficulty in walking which hampers even daily activities. Thus patients opt or advised for hip replacement surgery.
During hip replacement, the femoral head is eliminated, and replaced with a metal ball. This metal ball has a metal stem that is tied up into the femur bone hollow space inside with bone cement. With a plastic socket, the damaged socket is replaced. Following are the conditions which require hip replacement surgery, let’s have a look at the following:-
• If patient’s suffering from chronic pain in the joints
• Not satisfactory relief from pain medications
• Inability or difficulty in walking, climbing stairs, etc.
• Pain triggers while standing from a sitting position.
Knee replacement surgery is also referred to as arthroplasty is involves replacing a, worn or damaged knee with man-made joint. Knee replacement is common nowadays and adults of all age groups are suitable for knee replacement, however operation is carried out on patients between the ages of 60 to 80. Although, due to accidents knee replacement is even performed at a younger age. Knee replacement surgery is required when you are unable to stand or walk or even finding piercing pain while sleeping. Following are the medical conditions which require knee replacement surgery:-
• If a patient suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis require knee replacement as there is intense pain in knees which are unbearable.
• Osteoarthritis is one of the common problem of joints which if persists for a longer duration need knee replacement.
• Bone dysplasias.
• Avascular necrosis.
• Knee injury also requires knee replacement as knee get badly injured.
• knee deformity with pain and loss of cartilage
Dr. Neelabh is one of the known and best Orthopaedician in India who has performed various Hip and Knee Replacement in India successfully at affordable rates. For more information or details or to fix an appointment, you can visit the website www.healthybones.in.